Saturday, May 26, 2007

Silent Auction

The best places to go to find support for your Team Sarcoma are the local businesses that you and your family patronize regularly. I approached our first business, a French restaurant that we go to for special occasions 2-3 times a year, with great nervousness and trepidation. Would they see me as an opportunist, seeking to capitalize on our association? No! I was greeted warmly, treated with great kindness and came out of it with a $70 gift certificate!

My team-mates Elena and Chrystie had a meeting, brainstorming, what could we do with this item to raise money? We came up with the idea of a silent auction. In a silent auction, you set up tables with the items available laid out, each with a piece of paper for people to put down their names and the amount they bid on that item. At the end of the day, the person with the highest bid wins. Ooo, ooo, now I get to design another form - the Silent Auction bid form! The team is off and running, collecting more gift certificates, free passes to wineries, items that can be compiled into gift baskets, who knows what else will be added by the time we're done! I'll update this blog entry with the items as they come it. Our first:

Cafe de Paris, Columbia, MD $70 Gift Certificate!

Thanks for reading my blog!
Elizabeth
www.becgoteam.com!

No comments: