Sunday, March 18, 2007

On the Road with ACS Road to Recovery

Woo Hoo, I just got a call from the American Cancer Society (ACS) volunteer who does rider/driver coordination for the Road to Recovery Program! I have my first "client". I'll be driving a lady (I'll call her Miss Mary) to weekly chemo starting next Monday. The oncology center she goes to isn't far from my home, so I'll be able to drop her off, talk to the staff to find out how long she'll be there and go home until she's ready to be taken home. Considering how much time I'm used to spending on the road with our commute to DC, this one will be a piece of cake! I'm looking forward to it.

For more info on the ACS Road to Recovery Program:
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/COM/content/div_MidAtlantic/COM_4_2x_Road_to_Recovery_Volunteers_Help_Cancer_Patients.asp?sitearea=

No comments: